David launches hooker court battle



David Beckham has filed a five-page statement with a Californian court as part of his libel suit over allegations that he slept with a prostitute.

In the legal documents, the footballer claims that the accusations caused him "severe emotional distress, including extended humiliation, embarrassment, anger and worry". Irma Nici alleges that she first met with the star at New York's Le Parker Meridien Hotel, but Beckham had checked into the Waldorf-Astoria with his LA galaxy teammates.

He says: "As is my custom when I arrive at a hotel on a road trip before a match, a massage therapist came to my hotel room within a few hours after I checked to in to give me a massage.

"I recall that the therapist did not leave my hotel room until the very early morning. My security team was with me before, during and after the massage. After the therapist left I went to sleep. I have reviewed the daily logs prepared by my security detail which confirm my recollections."

Speaking of claims he paid Nici $10,000 in cash, he added: "I do not carry around thousands of dollars in cash when I travel. The only way I could get access to $10,000 in cash would be to get it from my management team. I did not request any member of my management team to provide me with thousands of dollars of cash when I was in New York in August 2007."

He also denies claims that he met the prostitute on another occasion in London, saying that he was visiting his father in hospital at the time, who was recovering from a heart attack.

Beckham is seeking $25 million (£16.5m) from Nici and In Touch publisher Bauer for running the story in September last year.

Source : Digital Spy

Leave a Reply