Mini Interview with Melanie C



Last night I attended the InStyle and Lancome pre-BAFTA's party at Shoreditch House and caught up with Mel C, who looked gorgeous in a black ASOS jumpsuit and some classic black peeptoe shoes. She told me and FabUK she wasn't staying too late because she's in the studio at the moment, but she had time for a quick chat with us and shared her excitement over the latest Spice baby and engagement news as well as chatting about the Brit girls she finds inspiring:

You must be so happy for Emma Bunton on her engagement and baby news, and Victoria too!

Emma's engaged, she's having a baby, Victoria's having a baby again, it's a really exciting time for all of us girls. We saw Victoria in December and she kept it really quiet, I didn't have a clue! I think it's really nice — Emma and Victoria being pregnant together, when one of your friends is pregnant it's really nice to share the experience together.

Does it make you broody again?

You know what, I would like to have more children, but you have to do it when it's the right time for you don't you? My little girl is so fantastic, I'm just really enjoying her at the moment.

What are you working on at the moment?

The new album! It's going really well, I'm really excited. I'm working mostly in London, we're doing some writing in Germany and Sweden as well. I'm here with Jodie Harsh tonight, we're doing some dance stuff together. I've worked with Andy Burrows, we did some stuff together. I'm working with lots of people I've worked with in the past and a lot of new people as well, I'm doing a lot of experimenting and seeing what comes of it all.

What have you been inspired by lately?

You know what I find inspiring? There are so many great young women in British music, I think it's a great time for girls. And these girls who've got credibility - they're great role models, they make great music, good performers, with great voices. People like Adele, Ellie Goulding, Marina and the Diamonds, and that inspires me to continue and fly the flag for girl power!

And you guys no doubt inspired them too!

Yeah! I know Marina was a fan, so it's really nice when now you hear people saying "I love the Spice Girls".

How's the Spice Girls musical coming along?

We've sat down and read the storyline and seen the songs that are going to be used, it's all very early stages. First drafts at the moment. It's exciting for us to hopefully have our music being performed night after night in the theatre.

It was lovely to catch up with Mel at the party, and I'm looking forward to checking out her new album — she hopes to release it in the Autumn.

Source : PopSugar UK

Leave a Reply