Halliwell: 'I'm realising my Humanness'



Geri Halliwell at a press launch for Next, at The Savoy Hotel. Geri Halliwell has revealed that she is finally able to accept the way she looks.

The Spice Girl, who recently launched a swimwear collection for Next, admitted that after years of body image issues, including bulimia, she no longer craves "perfection".

"There is so much more in the world to be thinking about than the way I look," she told The Mail On Sunday. "I just wanted to be free of it. I'm a nicer person to be around, rather than being too controlling. Being forgiving about my own imperfections, allowing messiness.

"The desire for perfection is utterly miserable. I still have dreams, I still have goals, I'm still a little vain, but actually I'm just realising my humanness. Sometimes I'm a curvy, messy person who can say the wrong thing, sometimes fail.

"A little bit of drive is good, but I work better when I'm cheerleading my way into doing something rather than being overly obsessed and saying to myself, 'You've got to do it otherwise you're rubbish'. It's more about going, 'Come on, you're lovely regardless'."

The singer added that an important moment in her realisation process came when she refused to be airbrushed in her Next campaign.

Source : Digital Spy

Leave a Reply